Why AI is must-have for marketing campaign management
In 2018 Business Insider reported that at least 51% of marketers prefer to use some form of artificial intelligence, and 27% plan to adopt AI in their campaigns until the end of 2019. What do you think, this is the trend or necessity?
Marketers are looking for automating manual tasks, i.e. lead management, email campaign development, and app promotion, and this is just a beginning, marketing automation can really increase the efficiency of the campaign.
Although many marketers see the prospect of introducing AI, most of them still find AI mysterious, puzzling, and unnecessary at this moment. Unfortunately, they struggle to realize what positive effects can AI have on their marketing initiatives.
Ignoring innovations, marketers miss their opportunities to use data to generate higher marketing ROI. Keep on reading to understand the role of AI in promotion, and find out how it will impact digital marketing.
The role of AI in marketing
According to The Conversation, AI system gets more creative, nowadays AI can emulate human behavior and intelligence. The study of Ana Santos Rutschman, an assistant professor of Law from Saint Louis University, of how emerging technologies affect people’s lives showed that innovations play a very important role, especially in marketing today.
It’s all about the algorithms
A recent example with Google app based on Bach music analyzed the notes of his 306 musical works to find the harmony in music and with the help of algorithms provide users play in the right way. The app is new, but the technology is not.
Algorithms that are trained to recognize patterns and make probabilistic decisions exist for a long time. With the help of machine learning and using fairly simple AI algorithms Stephen Hawking was able to communicate with other people by preceding the words he would use the most.
Machine learning is the subject of AI that uses Deep Learning method to reason with algorithms to mimic human intelligence. Deep Learning stays behind some of the most exciting developments in the transport area (autonomous cars), energy (virtual Microgrids), and marketing (smart ads, intelligent search, etc.). It helps marketers to achieve more by automating complex processes for more reliably.
AI algorithms in marketing
Paul Talbot, a specialist of marketing strategy in business, states that account-based marketing (ABM) driven solely to be predictive analytics and algorithms. Interacting with the AI, ABM can achieve more accurate indicators.
According to the specialist, AI can help marketing to predict lead scoring and recommend products to buy.
MemSQL conducted a survey and found out that customers used to control the buying journey. With the growth and improvement of mobile phones, this tendency became more popular.
Customers prefer to decide where to research, how to buy, and when to purchase. Their expectations for the brand experience are higher than ever before. Therefore, marketers need algorithms for determining needs so that the brand can meet expectations.
Marketers prefer to use AI to achieve brand goals more effectively. AI is useful to research the market, analyze data and real-time campaigns. In light of these changing dynamics, it is necessary to understand how ad campaigns are connected with customers and prospects.
Examples of successful AI implementation
- Google Maps reviews and analyzes anonymous data from smartphones (with the help of machine learning-powered insights), and every time you use it, the app helps you to avoid traffic jams.
- Instagram uses AI tools to analyze what types of consumers typically follow with accounts and offers specific ads or promotions to run for these specific audience segments. Also, AI marketing and machine learning algorithms help marketers to optimize CPC and CPA metrics to better detect user trends.
- Gmail uses machine learning to protect you from spam.
- Various brands use AI platforms to help us with project or time management. Different organizers use automated algorithms to automate our many routine processes.
- AI-powered marketing analytic platforms let advertisers and developers process large amounts of data to drive marketing ROI further.
- AI takes conversion management to the next level and helps with sales forecasting (with the help of such metrics as consumer engagement, communication channels, etc.).
- Did you know that big portion of the articles based on sports and finances are already written by machines, not humans? About a third of the content published by Bloomberg News uses a form of automated technology.
The program can dissect a financial report the moment it appears and publishes an immediate news story that includes the most important facts and numbers. It is also possible with marketing because it is directly related to calculations and analysis.
AI had a profound impact on the way we search and the quality of the search experience which we take for granted nowadays in 2019.
AI influence on marketing in the near future
According to Forrester, mass adoption of AI in marketing will cause big changes in several areas (during the next couple of years):
- We will be able to provide personalized 1-to-1 marketing.
- All the processes will constantly and independently develop.
- The complexity of algorithms will lead to more sophisticated targeting, more intelligent marketing teams, and more well-informed results.
- The quality of content will become even more important.
Many marketers are afraid that machines potentially can replace their jobs. Others playing spies are worried about stealing the data of their ad campaigns. However, according to Ellen Tanam, there is a high probability that marketing will affect AI and not vice versa.
The point is that AI doesn’t deal well with current customer cognitive processing. Marketing copes better with the emotional and psychological aspects of consumers’ experiences.
Marketing industry can adapt to the introduction of AI technologies. The real adaptation goes around thinking of all potential outputs that could happen with your inputs. Integrate AI and make it work for your customers, not just for your business.
Is there anything AI can’t do?
We saw how AI can transform the way we work, shop, and sell. It allows us to achieve things that would never have been possible without innovations. However, AI is not almighty.
With all its coolness, AI and machine learning still need people. For instance, Google rates use the work of specialists to improve their accuracy and to train their algorithms properly.
Brian Bergstein, a science and technology journalist, published his thoughts about AI and machine learning changes in the nearest future. According to him, AI can transform the economy by making new products and new business models possible, by forecasting things a human couldn’t have predicted, and by relieving employees of hard work, but it will take time.
While we work with pretty much all app categories